Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Advice from a Butterfly

I'm making a quilt to give as a gift, and the "theme" of the quilt is butterflies and ladybugs. After yesterday's post about Advice from a Ladybug, I decided to go looking for Advice from a Butterfly. Anyone care to guess what's going to get embroidered onto the quilt? You can view the t-shirt here.

Advice from a Butterfly
Let your true colors show.
Get out of your cocoon.
Take yourself lightly.
Look for the sweetness in life.
Take time to smell the flowers.
Catch a breeze.
We can't all me monarchs!

~*~*~ May you always remember to dance in the rain, and may you have plenty of ladybugs beside you! ~*~*~

Blessings,
Kat

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Awesome advice! Thanks!

ladybug said...

I too love ladybugs and butterflies and their symbolism. Great "advice" from both!

I just recently found your blog (probably while Googling for ladybug stuff :) and got my own started up, with guess what? A ladybug theme!

kayakgrandma said...

thanks..found you by accident..I was googling for ladybug and butterfly sayings..next week is my birthday..my 4 yr old (going on 40) granddaughter , the party planner, helped me come up with the theme: ladybugs and butterflies

Butterflies were always significant to me..my mom collected butterfly things.."for good luck"..but days before she died she had me dole out her collection of butterfly pins to friends and family..and she said "they are a symbol of the resurrection ,you know"

can't see a butterfly w/o thinking of mom!!

wishing you continued success