Monday, January 12, 2009

The Road Not Taken

One of my favorite poems has always been "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. Not sure why, I've just loved it since the first time I had to read it in grade school.

Lately, I've been wondering which path I'm on... the one more or less traveled. And is it the one I should be on? Would taking the other road really make all the difference? Or just lead me to a place I can't get back from? All good questions, no good answers yet. While I try to figure them out, at least I have a beautiful poem to keep my company.

The Road Not Taken
by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~*~*~ May you always remember to dance in the rain, and may you have plenty of ladybugs beside you! ~*~*~

Blessings,
Kat

No comments: