Monday, August 25, 2008

Meet Luanne

I "met" Luanne early last year, when I bumped into a blog she had started called Sixty-Six Days. This blog was her way of chronicling the 66 days leading up to her 50th birthday, and all the things she was hoping to accomplish during that time. I was immediately hooked and so it was a no-brainer that once she turned 50 and started her new blog, Luanne @ 50, I'd become a fan of that one, too. Yesterday, Luanne turned 51, so what better day to talk about all the ways that she inspires me.

Luanne has three great children and a wonderful husband. Her love of her family is apparent in her writing, and they share a strength, closeness and sense of fun that I very much admire. Luanne is a great friend, a great writer, and her thoughts and perspectives always make me stop and think.

Luanne is one of the kindest people I know. This spring, she gave my family a most wonderful gift. I tried to say thank you, though words and quilts could never express how much her generosity touched my family. Luanne is also a woman of principles, and I admire her ability to know when to say when. I think that's something you don't see enough of these days.

For her friendship, her generosity, her many talents, her love of family, her strong faith and her inspirational words, Luanne is my Inspirational Person of the Week. Go on over to her blog and wish her a Happy Birthday with me, will you?

Luanne, may your 51st year be full of all the wonderful blessings you deserve, and may your next 51 be just as special.

~*~*~ May you always remember to dance in the rain, and may you have plenty of ladybugs beside you! ~*~*~

Blessings,
Kat

No comments: