Thursday, August 7, 2008

Volunteer Match

If you've ever thought about doing any kind of volunteer work but weren't sure where to start, check out this site: www.VolunteerMatch.org.
VolunteerMatch is a leader in the nonprofit world dedicated to helping everyone find a great place to volunteer. The organization offers a variety of online services to support a community of nonprofit, volunteer and business leaders committed to civic engagement. Our popular service welcomes millions of visitors a year and has become the preferred internet recruiting tool for more than 50,000 nonprofit organizations.
I've used this site before and when I plugged in my zip code today (yes, that's all you have to do!), I got 232 local opportunities -- from volunteering to do Children's IDs/fingerprints at the county fair to joining the Peace Corps and everything in between. They even have virtual volunteer opportunities, things I can do with my PJs on, without ever leaving my house.

Some opportunities ask for a specific skill set (helping a client create a database), some just need friendly people who are willing to lend a hand. All are great opportunities, certainly a site worth checking out!

~*~*~ May you always remember to dance in the rain, and may you have plenty of ladybugs beside you! ~*~*~

Blessings,
Kat

1 comment:

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Great article!, I have a small home based business for sale. Go to Businessmark.com and search for business for sale:New, small Green business.