Monday, August 4, 2008

Meet Rachel

I have been blessed with two beautiful little girls. Rachel is the older of the two, and today she turns five. I mentioned in a post last week that I don't have many heroes, but Rachel is one of the few. She inspires me daily with her kindness, her wit, her bravery and her innocence. She makes me want (more than anything!) to be the best mommy I can be, the best me I can be. She puts my life, my work, my stress, my every single action into perspective, and she truly makes my heart smile.

Children are amazing. Life is so different through the eyes of a child, so much better than through my own, I think.

If you have children, take a special, intentional look at them today. Remember how amazing they are, how inspirational they are, and how blessed you are to have them.

To my sweet, beautiful, amazing little Rachel, may your next 95 years be as wonderful as the first five have been, for both of us. Happy, Happy Birthday! And most important of all:

~*~*~ May you always remember to dance in the rain, and may you have plenty of ladybugs beside you! ~*~*~

Blessings,
Kat

No comments: