Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wildcard Wednesday: Mom was right

She always told me, "You won't ever be able to understand until you have kids of your own." Was she right or what?!?

Today I dropped Rachel off at Kindergarten, her first day. She's been in daycare / pre-school for 3 years, but my husband always did the dropping off in the past.

She was a bit nervous, but no tears. I, on the other hand, am on my 2nd bag of chocolate, 3rd box of tissues, and I'm feverishly tearing apart my office building looking for a bottle of wine.

Rachel is ready for this, has been for years. I just wish I was...

Sometimes, though, we have to let go a little bit. We have to look at their smile and know they'll be OK. We have to trust that we did our Parent job. In my heart, I know I did... and here's my proof:


~*~*~ May you always remember to dance in the rain, and may you have plenty of ladybugs beside you! ~*~*~
.
Blessings,
Kat

No comments: